Skip to main content

First impression: Madara Organic Skincare+ UPDATE

After I purchased organic hair dye on line, I was sent samples of Madara Organic Skincare. I was so impressed with some of the products I tried that I decided to share my first impressions with you.

The samples of different products came in the lovely pocket you see below.


On the inside of it I read the story of the brand. It looks lovely and stylish, doesn't it?


The first product I tried was the Milk cleanser. The Beauty junky that I am, I've tried so many different cleansers, but this one was super lovely.

First of all, the milky consistency felt amazingly pleasant to spread and massage on my face. At first I thought that it didn't have any scent, yet moments later I thought I could smell a very faint Which hazel scent or was it alcohol scent? Perhaps I was wrong, but there was definitely some very faint yet clean and energising scent there. Update: 27/08/17, I checked and alcohol is the 3rd or 4th ingredient in the list of ingredients. Why have they included it?

I was so impressed by this lovely cleanser I used it twice, but it didn't dry my skin. After I dried my skin with a towel, my face was plump, hydrated and comforted. I am considering purchasing the full product and will let you know how well I like it after regular use. Update:27/08/17 I don't think I will purchasing this product because alcohol is one of the ingredients and it is very high up in the list of ingredients.


The next product I tried was the Ultimate Facelift day cream. I don't believe in Facelifting creams but this product is very interesting to me because it kept my super oily skin lovely and matte for two hours. This is a huge deal for me. My skin is usually oily 20 min after I wash it. But this day cream helped my skin stay matte for close to 2 hours.

I really look forward to purchasing and using this cream and I am eager to see if it will perform this mattifying miracle again. Did I mention that its scent was divine?  Yes, very lovely scent. Herby, flowery, organic. Also, when I first applied it, my skin felt warm, but it didn't turn red and it didn't feel uncomfortable. This warm feeling went away within a minute.


The next cream I tired was the Age Defence. Again a lovely naturally scented cream, pleasant to apply, comfortable on my skin, but I didn't notice any extraordinary.


The Wrinkle Smoothing eye cream is super light. It does moisturize, but only a bit. I am used to much deeper hydration and moisturization around my eyes. But I did notice that my eyelids loved this cream. I've been using it for a whole week now and I really like it.  I will definitely consider it next time I need to purchase a new eye cream.


The Total Renewal night cream was great. I could feel a slight activity on my skin when I first applied it. Similarly to the Facelift cream, it gave the feeling of warming up my skin, but it didn't make my skin red or uncomfortable. This is another product I would love to purchase and try to use regularly.



I laughed so hard when I first tried the samples in green. They smelled awful. Just like a super duper healthy smoothie with too many greens and fewer fruits. I didn't like applying the samples in green at all... I had a Deep moisture fluid and Deep moisture gel to try and you see them in the photo below.


In addition to the skin care samples I was also given some natural, non toxic perfume samples. OMG, I am so amazed at how great they were and still are. The scents I was given to try really appealed to me and lasted and lasted.  Acorelle is the brand and I have been stalking them for a few days now.



I thought you might like to see a video created by Madara Organic Skincare creator in which she talks about their hydrating products. All of us with oily skin can have dehydrated skin as a result of too much exfoliation and over drying acne fighting products. In my experience, oily skin needs regular hydration more so than moisturization.





I am so excited to have found these products and will let you know how I am getting on with them. They are not super expensive, but are not cheap either. The cleansing milk I am after is about £18, and the Facelift cream is £48 for 50ml.

UPDATE: 27/08/17, I purchased the organic hair dye from www.pranaorganics.co.uk . All Madara organic skincare samples were sent to me by them. Their website is being upgraded right now. Unfortunately, I won't be purchasing the Madara cleansing milk because I checked and it does have alcohol. It was the 3rd or 4th ingredient on the list of ingredients. I was very surprised. Why would they include alcohol in a product packed with wonderful organic ingredients?

Till next time, Milu

Popular posts from this blog

Galactomyces & Bifidalacto Complex products+UPDATE

Did I like using Manyo Factory Galactomyces niacin?

No. I will not repurchase Manyo Factory Galactomycesniacin again. UPDATE:31/08/17 It has been 7 months since I wrote this post and in that time I've learnt that Niacin is a very well researched skin loving ingredient. I will be purchasing products containing Niacin :-) and hoping it will "shrink" my pores. 

Observations about applying the product and how it felt on the skin

Applying it felt like applying water. No scent, no colour, with a consistency that was a bit thicker than water. It felt cool on application. None of those are reasons to dislike the product of course.

After application, my skin did not feel or look any different. By that I mean that my skin did not feel more comfortable and nourished like it usually does with Sulwhasoo Herblinic Restorative Ampoules; my skin did not feel soothed and caressed like it usually does with Tosowoong's Osory oil emulsion; my skin did not feel energised and refreshed like …

Best calming cream for acne prone skin- Sulwhasoo Herblinic EX Restorative Ampoules review

I first heard about the Sulwhasoo range from one of my favourite Youtubers- Lili. Her blog title is I am a beauty junky and that is also the name of her YouTube channel. I don't remember her reviewing the Herblinic EX Restorative Ampoules but when I researched several Sulwhasoo products she talked about, I found a couple of reviews on Herblinic and was intrigued enough to order samples from Ebay.  I bought 30 samples and they lasted me 15 days ( using them day and night).

From the very first application, my skin was nourished like never before. I could tell that this was one amazing product.



This honey like cream/serum is apparently packed with medicinal herbs which are said to  help nourish and  repair damaged skin. It smells herby and to me that scent is calming. It looks like honey but it spreads easily and little goes a long way. The application can be a bit sticky, but I don't mind that. One sample is enough for my face and neck.


After I used the first 30 samples, my skin…

Neck skin care with Sulwhasoo Radiance Energy Mask

My face loves it, my neck adores it.The Radiance Energy mask is an amazing sleeping mask with White Jade. The scent is very Sulwhasoo like- herby and mysterious. I apply it in the evening as the last step in my regimen. It glides smoothly, but not too easily because the mask is rather thick.  It forms a non-sticky film on the skin which feels comfortable during the night. In the morning I rinse it off and then I use a foaming cleanser to wash my face with.

Before I wash the mask off in the morning my skin feels very well rested and it looks calm and smooth. After I wash it off, my skin looks "awake" and youthful. The difference it has made to the texture of the skin on my neck is remarkable. I feel that my neck always needs more moisture, more care, more powerful ingredients. I don't know how this mask works, but it does. It certainly delivers that "more" that I need especially for my neck.

Apparently the magic ingredient is the White Jade. It has been used in As…