Skip to main content

Review: iUNIK Rose Galactomyces Essential Toner


This toner is one of my favourite finds this Summer!

I usually alternate between two toners on daily basis- The Body shop Tea tree toner and Mizon AHA & BHA toner. But recently I was given the opportunity to try the iUNIK Rose Galactomyces Essential toner for free and I am so glad I did. From the first time I used it, I fell in love with it.





It smells divine


This toner is rose scented but the smell is gentle and light. I actually look forward to splashing it onto my face and neck and then  take my time massaging it into my skin because I want to enjoy the scent for as long as possible.


It is moisturizing


The toner claims to be moisturizing and it is. But I also find that it is hydrating. What is the difference between hydrating and moisturizing?

Hydration apparently is about the amount of water in the skin and it is very important for healthy skin because moist, supple skin functions and heals better.  

Skin products which "hydrate" have ingredients in them called humectants which are able get moisture from the air and bring it to the skin layers. If our skin is hydrated it is usually soft and supple. But not for long... This softness does not last if the hydration is not locked. The water from the skin layers can easily evaporate if there is no oil protecting the water from evaporating. That is why moisturizing is also important for the health of the skin. Products with moisturizing properties have a way of keeping the natural oils on the surface of the skin and in this way, water is prevented from evaporating from the skin.

Both hydration and moisturization seem to be important for all skin types and oily skin is not an exception. But in my personal opinion, based on my own observations with my super oily skin, I find that I need more hydration than moisturization. How about you?



It balances the skin

And that is exactly what we, people with oily skin need. My skin is not much less oily, but it is less oily for longer. Because this toner helps balance the oil + moisture on the skin, this results in faster recovery from environmental stress. Because as I mentioned earlier, soft, supple, moist skin is healthier, better able to function well and better at healing itself.

It is comforting and calming

Partly because of the wonderful ingredients, partly because of the Rose scent, this toner feels very comforting and calming on the skin.  For example, I've been trying a new product ( a strong one for Sebaceous hyperplasia, stay tuned for a review) which caused my skin on the chest to go into "purging" mode. Many tiny bumps appeared and while using Tea tree oil was helpful, when I also started using this toner on that area, my skin loved it and calmed down. Now I splash the toner not only on my face but also on my chest and shoulders and I love it. I plan on putting it into a spray bottle for easier application.



Provides anti wrinkle care and UVA and UVB defence

The Rosa Demascena water in this toner is 70% and Galactomyces filtrate is 10%. Both have tons of vitamins, minerals and amino acids between them and I am not surprised that they provide some anti wrinkle care. But this toner also includes 4 oriental fruit extracts. I want to mention them because they are not only full of nutrition but can also absorb UVA and UVB rays. I am very impressed by this. I don't imagine that just using this toner is enough sun protection, but nevertheless it is great that in this toner there are natural ingredients which help protect our skin from the sun.  


As I mentioned earlier, I use my "regular" toners because  they unclog my pores and diminish the acne bacteria count. While I appreciate their effectiveness, I am not ecstatic about them. However, this Rose Galactomyces Essential toner is one I look forward to using  every day. To be honest I've even considered spraying it all over my body as a light summer moisturizer. I really dislike sticky body lotions and since this toner works so well on my chest and shoulders I could perhaps use it all over my body? Why not?




Full ingredients

Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Galactomyces Ferment Filtrate,Butylene Glycol ,Water, Glycerin, Glycereth-26, 1,2-Hexanediol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Caprylyl Glycol, Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate, Allantoin, Punica Granatum Fruit Extract, Ficus Carica (Fig) Fruit Extract, Morus Alba Fruit Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Nut Extract, Adenosine, Ethylhexylglycerin,Rose Flower Oil, Pentylene Glycol, Aspalathus Linearis Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract




I received this toner free of charge in order to try it and write a review. But I will repurchase it either from eBay, the seller is blueprint21 or directly from
www.unique4u.net, the cost is around £10.

iUNIK have a lovely Rose Galactomyces serum which I tried a couple of times. I will be interested in giving it a proper go and when I do, I will write another review.

Till next time, Milu




Popular posts from this blog

Galactomyces & Bifidalacto Complex products+UPDATE

Did I like using Manyo Factory Galactomyces niacin?

No. I will not repurchase Manyo Factory Galactomycesniacin again. UPDATE:31/08/17 It has been 7 months since I wrote this post and in that time I've learnt that Niacin is a very well researched skin loving ingredient. I will be purchasing products containing Niacin :-) and hoping it will "shrink" my pores. 

Observations about applying the product and how it felt on the skin

Applying it felt like applying water. No scent, no colour, with a consistency that was a bit thicker than water. It felt cool on application. None of those are reasons to dislike the product of course.

After application, my skin did not feel or look any different. By that I mean that my skin did not feel more comfortable and nourished like it usually does with Sulwhasoo Herblinic Restorative Ampoules; my skin did not feel soothed and caressed like it usually does with Tosowoong's Osory oil emulsion; my skin did not feel energised and refreshed like …

Best calming cream for acne prone skin- Sulwhasoo Herblinic EX Restorative Ampoules review

I first heard about the Sulwhasoo range from one of my favourite Youtubers- Lili. Her blog title is I am a beauty junky and that is also the name of her YouTube channel. I don't remember her reviewing the Herblinic EX Restorative Ampoules but when I researched several Sulwhasoo products she talked about, I found a couple of reviews on Herblinic and was intrigued enough to order samples from Ebay.  I bought 30 samples and they lasted me 15 days ( using them day and night).

From the very first application, my skin was nourished like never before. I could tell that this was one amazing product.



This honey like cream/serum is apparently packed with medicinal herbs which are said to  help nourish and  repair damaged skin. It smells herby and to me that scent is calming. It looks like honey but it spreads easily and little goes a long way. The application can be a bit sticky, but I don't mind that. One sample is enough for my face and neck.


After I used the first 30 samples, my skin…

Neck skin care with Sulwhasoo Radiance Energy Mask

My face loves it, my neck adores it.The Radiance Energy mask is an amazing sleeping mask with White Jade. The scent is very Sulwhasoo like- herby and mysterious. I apply it in the evening as the last step in my regimen. It glides smoothly, but not too easily because the mask is rather thick.  It forms a non-sticky film on the skin which feels comfortable during the night. In the morning I rinse it off and then I use a foaming cleanser to wash my face with.

Before I wash the mask off in the morning my skin feels very well rested and it looks calm and smooth. After I wash it off, my skin looks "awake" and youthful. The difference it has made to the texture of the skin on my neck is remarkable. I feel that my neck always needs more moisture, more care, more powerful ingredients. I don't know how this mask works, but it does. It certainly delivers that "more" that I need especially for my neck.

Apparently the magic ingredient is the White Jade. It has been used in As…