Skip to main content

Review: Tea tree therapy sheet masks by DearPacker

To be honest, I don't enjoy using sheet masks because they feel wet and cold. But  I will never be without them for one main reason: they lower the temperature of the skin and in this way diminish inflammation.

They are brilliant even for those of us without inflamed acne, because they make the skin look calmer and even toned.

Tea tree therapy sheet masks by DearPacker

I've not tried many sheet masks, and the ones I have tried were such a bad fit for my face, that I felt discouraged to try and find other masks. But not all sheet masks are created equal. The Teatree Therapy mask by DearPacker which I tried recently didn't have a very bad fit. I've had worse.

I can't say that I enjoyed using this mask, because I don't like the wet, cold feeling while it is on my face, but I loved the result of using it. And I also enjoyed its scent- gentle and flowery. I wasn't surprised that it didn't smell of Tea tree. My guess is, as with so many other Korean products, the formula includes Tea tree water, not Tea tree essential oil. Apparently, essential oils have a bad reputation in Korea as many people cannot tolerate them.

After using this mask, my skin was sensationally calmer and pampered. I attribute this not only to the soothing  skin loving ingredients: Tea tree, Panthenol, Vitamin B, Vitamin K3 but also to the fact that it lowers my skin's temperature.

I purchased 5 Tea tree Therapy masks on eBay together with the iUNIK Tea tree relief serum for £14. A pretty good deal, isn't it?  The serum alone is usually about £12.  


Are there any Tea tree sheet masks you would like to recommend? Leave a comment below.


Advice for people with inflamed acne

Sheet masks are usually loaded with some sort of serum or essence. Choose a mask appropriate for your skin type. Once on our skin, this wet mask  remains wet and cold for 15-20 min and lowers the temperature of our skin. This results in reduced inflammation. Not a lot, and not for long, but enough for the skin to appear calmer after the use of a sheet mask. You should try using appropriate sheet masks daily. Putting ice on top of the painful pimples would also help.




Till next time, Milu


Popular posts from this blog

Galactomyces & Bifidalacto Complex products+UPDATE

Did I like using Manyo Factory Galactomyces niacin?

No. I will not repurchase Manyo Factory Galactomycesniacin again. UPDATE:31/08/17 It has been 7 months since I wrote this post and in that time I've learnt that Niacin is a very well researched skin loving ingredient. I will be purchasing products containing Niacin :-) and hoping it will "shrink" my pores. 

Observations about applying the product and how it felt on the skin

Applying it felt like applying water. No scent, no colour, with a consistency that was a bit thicker than water. It felt cool on application. None of those are reasons to dislike the product of course.

After application, my skin did not feel or look any different. By that I mean that my skin did not feel more comfortable and nourished like it usually does with Sulwhasoo Herblinic Restorative Ampoules; my skin did not feel soothed and caressed like it usually does with Tosowoong's Osory oil emulsion; my skin did not feel energised and refreshed like …

Best calming cream for acne prone skin- Sulwhasoo Herblinic EX Restorative Ampoules review

I first heard about the Sulwhasoo range from one of my favourite Youtubers- Lili. Her blog title is I am a beauty junky and that is also the name of her YouTube channel. I don't remember her reviewing the Herblinic EX Restorative Ampoules but when I researched several Sulwhasoo products she talked about, I found a couple of reviews on Herblinic and was intrigued enough to order samples from Ebay.  I bought 30 samples and they lasted me 15 days ( using them day and night).

From the very first application, my skin was nourished like never before. I could tell that this was one amazing product.



This honey like cream/serum is apparently packed with medicinal herbs which are said to  help nourish and  repair damaged skin. It smells herby and to me that scent is calming. It looks like honey but it spreads easily and little goes a long way. The application can be a bit sticky, but I don't mind that. One sample is enough for my face and neck.


After I used the first 30 samples, my skin…

Neck skin care with Sulwhasoo Radiance Energy Mask

My face loves it, my neck adores it.The Radiance Energy mask is an amazing sleeping mask with White Jade. The scent is very Sulwhasoo like- herby and mysterious. I apply it in the evening as the last step in my regimen. It glides smoothly, but not too easily because the mask is rather thick.  It forms a non-sticky film on the skin which feels comfortable during the night. In the morning I rinse it off and then I use a foaming cleanser to wash my face with.

Before I wash the mask off in the morning my skin feels very well rested and it looks calm and smooth. After I wash it off, my skin looks "awake" and youthful. The difference it has made to the texture of the skin on my neck is remarkable. I feel that my neck always needs more moisture, more care, more powerful ingredients. I don't know how this mask works, but it does. It certainly delivers that "more" that I need especially for my neck.

Apparently the magic ingredient is the White Jade. It has been used in As…